Monday, September 1, 2008

Farewell to Summer

We hope you all had a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend!

We said our goodbyes to summer with a busy weekend. On Saturday, I helped my Aunt Barb and Uncle Harold move into their new home in Escondido. It was hot and muggy, but we had a lot of help, so it went very smoothly. That night, Jenetta and I went to see the Star Wars cartoon movie. Jenetta liked it a bit because she was better able to accept it for what it was. I was mostly just sad and was reminded of how much Star Wars meant to me as a kid (movies 4, 5, and 6) and how much I couldn't stand the more recent films (1, 2, and 3). At least they were free movie passes that Jenetta got for us.

Yesterday, we went to church and spent a little time doing some cleaning around the house. Then we spent the later part of the afternoon and the evening at the beach visiting at Mark & Tricia's campsite in Carlsbad. The surf wasn't great, but I caught a few good rides toward the end of my session. It is definitely starting to get dark earlier! I was also glad to test out the foot. I hadn't been surfing since the accident in early August. My foot was sore, but it held up fine. Back at the campsite, the company was a lot of fun. It was good to talk music with Nick and to catch up with the Kevin and Margo, Darryl and Lori, and Mark and Trica, and all their families.

Today I went swimming with Robbie, Jason, and Jeremy at Jeremy's pool. Then we completely undid all the exercise we accomplished by eating breakfast burritos together (nice!) Then I came home and did some fall cleaning - windows, garage, etc. In the afternoon, we went to Nikki and Robbie's place for a party. We could only stay for a while, but we enjoyed the time together a lot! Here are a few photos. There were a lot more people there, but our camera battery died, so we only got a few shots. Nikki had her camera - check out their blog later - maybe she will put some photos on it.



We had to get home early because we had planned to meet with Ryan Castillo for dinner. Ryan is one of those people who you feel more and more fortunate to know the better you get to know him. Ryan is planning on going on staff with Student Venture. It was really good to hear how God is leading him in his life and to hear his heart for teenagers.

Tomorrow, I go back to work bright and early! Time to sign off...

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP