Saturday, September 20, 2008

Is this the vicious face of terror???

Miranda is getting old and deaf. She is almost 12 now. We have this pillow thing for her to sleep on at night, but when it is warmer, she prefers the cooler concrete floor. In a few more weeks, she will go back to sleeping on the dog bed like she always does. Unfortunately, she puts herself to bed before we do usually, and that means that falling asleep right in the path where we walk.

This wasn't a problem when she could hear us coming in. I think she is losing her hearing now, and she does not stir when we come in the bedroom. I have adopted the "shuffle-step" method when going to bed. This is the same technique I use in the water to insure that I don't step on a sting-ray. Early last week, I shuffled right into the dog, and she was surprised and snapped at me.

On Thursday night, I wasn't feeling well, so I went to bed much earlier than Jenetta. She didn't want to turn on the light to wake me up when she came in around 11:30. Unfortunately, she stepped right on the dog. Miranda responded by biting her in the ankle. She really sunk her teeth into her skin! Jenetta shouted with pain and actually had trouble standing up afterward. Two days later, her ankle is still swollen and sore!

Our new plan is to have her sleep in the bathroom. We always turn the lights on when we go in at night, so it shouldn't be a problem anymore. But wow!

1 comments:

Jess September 28, 2008 at 5:26 PM  

Oh Miranda...who knew you were such a viscious creature?! Watch out Jon & Jenetta! She's had the taste of man-flesh now... ;)

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP