Saturday, September 6, 2008

Busy Saturday

I had one of those weekend days where I felt like I got a ton of stuff done. I started off by running Lake Miramar with Robbie. Finally, my foot feels normal when I run. I had really been missing it!

Then Jenetta and I went to band practice. It was really hot in Dan's garage, but it was nice to work on a new song. I also really enjoy playing with Doug, our new lead guitar player. I think we will work together nicely.

Then I came home and worked on laying the tile on the kitchen peninsula. I was thinking back - this kitchen project started in earnest again on Memorial Day weekend with the floor tile. Things sure go slowly when you have to wait to pay for them! It's not perfect, but not much about our kitchen is. I watched San Diego State lose to Notre Dame, and then I watch the Padres lose again in Milwaukee.

I cleaned up after dinner, and went to David's house to play a game of Cities and Knights with Ryan and David. David made some really smart moves and won convincingly.

Then I came home and did this. I felt like I did a lot today.

(Sorry Jessica, I know this isn't a very profound post...)

Oh, and we are planning on meeting with the social workers regarding that placement on Monday at 4:30. We'd appreciate prayers for wisdom. Right now, we don't think this would be a good placement for us, but we want to keep an open mind and inform our decision as much as possible.

One other thing. To the right, we've placed a link for RiffTrax. I used to be really into this show that was on Comedy Central called "Mystery Science Theater 3000" or MST3K. Later, it moved to the Sci-Fi Channel, and it was never really as good. I still probably have about 100 episodes on videotapes somewhere. Anyway, some of the guys from that show do the same thing to more popular movies. They are pretty funny. Check them out for a fun diversion!

Here's how the peninsula looks now:




1 comments:

Jess September 14, 2008 at 10:32 PM  

Great work Jon! The counter top looks profound... :) LOL!

I'm glad that you can run on your foot again! That's profound too! :)

Love you!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP