Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Sony Cafeteria and other "good times" thoughts

My friend David was telling me about his perfect day yesterday. Good surf, good food and drink, good times with God, and light rain falling on him at Torrey Pines. For David, you couldn't plan a better start to the day. It got me thinking about what was good in my life. I've now spent a week at Sony, and although my job is not a career-motivating type of position, it is pleasant and pretty easy. It won't be too hard to excel in my current placement. I am grateful every day that God has provided this for us. Jenetta continues to do my former real estate photography work, and that has turned into a nice part-time bonus for her. She is basically doing the work over a week that I used to do every day. I doubt that job will ever grow back into a full-time position, but it is nice to have moved on from that and still get some money from it. It is sort of like a severance package. Her blog continues to grow. It is quite conceivable that the money she earns from advertising on that could bring in full-time money at some point.

One thing that I discovered here yesterday that I really enjoyed is the fabulous cafeteria here in our building. There are three chefs that will make just about any lunch-type food you ask for. They also have three different specials each day. The food is high-quality and reasonably priced. I enjoyed a turkey avocado salad tossed fresh for me. Jenetta typically makes a lunch for me to bring to work, but as a special treat, that cafeteria is a great option.

I spend a lot of time thinking about "my standing" with God. By that I mean, what is my attitude toward God at this time? Am I leaning on Him? Am I doing it all in my strength?
What is my current situation, and am I asking God's involvement in that or not? It is a thinking process where I don't evaluate God so much as I evaluate my position relative to Him. As I write this, I'm listening to "I Stand Amazed (How Marvelous, How Wonderful)" the hymn done recently by Chris Tomlin. God's love has certainly been poured out on us. It is amazing to me that one month ago, we were wondering "Where are you God?!?!?!" Now with the crisis of mortgage shortfalls pretty much out of the picture and a steady job in place for me, I'm concerned that since my job is easy and our finances are more in order that I will grow complacent and I won't turn to God and the Spirit throughout my day.

I guess that is always our problem in the good times. It is so easy to forget. I don't want to.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP