Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ryan's tattoo

Jenetta had a wedding and was gone this afternoon and evening. Courtney had a wedding today as well. So David and I went to hang out with Ryan Castillo at his home in Poway. We played a huge game of Cities & Knights with the Seafarer's expansion thrown in. It took a long time, and David came out on top. Then we hung out in his pool. Ryan and David played this game called Hate Ball. It is kind of a water basketball with massive amounts of contact. It looked like a lot of fun! (I sat out because my foot is finally healing from the surfing injury, and I didn't want to tear open the wound again.)

Then we went to Chipotle. For all David talks about Chipotle, I found it odd that I'd never been there with him before.

Later that evening, Ryan went to get a tattoo that he had been thinking about for a long time. It is Chinese characters that mean "Living" and "Sacrifice." I have never been to a tattoo place before. I was surprised how quickly the artist worked. Once he got everything prepped, I don't think it took more than 15 minutes.

When Jenetta called and told me she was on her way home from the wedding, I told her I was at a tattoo parlor. Her response was "WHAT?!?!?!?" :) But then I explained why I was there. I have nothing against tattoos personally, and several of my friends have them (including Ryan now). I'm not sure that there is anything that I'd want permanently on my skin. There are things I write down and photos I put on the wall - these are important to me, but I'm not sure I'd want them on my skin forever. But I understand why Ryan would want to be reminded of Romans 12:1.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP