Monday, August 4, 2008

Having friends around

There is this song that has been in my head for most of the day. It is "We Never Change" by Coldplay. The line that keeps coming to mind is:

I want to fly
and never come down

and live my life
and have friends around.


Lately it seems I have been blessed to be able to live and have my friends around (well at least some of them).

I ran the lake on Saturday afternoon with Robbie. It is so great to share in their life! He starts his student teaching assignment in two weeks, and he is going to be an awesome PE teacher.

My desktop computer died on Sunday. We have a friend at church named Chris who plays bass with us in the church worship band. His business is fixing networks and repairing computers. I know a lot about computers, but this one was way beyond me. It is nice to know someone like that. I took it to him today and he is already fixing the problem for us.

Yesterday afternoon we were able to visit with Holly and Geoff and their boys at their new home. I helped Geoff setup his new sweet bbq, and then David and Courtney and Isaiah came over, too. I meant to bring the camera, but I forgot it at home. We climbed trees with Jackson and Will, and we watched Samuel and Isaiah crawl around and get into mischief. The new grill works great, and we shared a fine dinner together out on their patio and watched the sun go down over the San Pasqual Valley.

Today was great, too. I had a job in the morning, and a bunch of errands to run (including a drug screening for the new job - I passed!) :) And in the afternoon, we visited Mark and Tricia and their family (and most of their kids' friends) at their condo they rent in Oceanside. We carpooled with David and Courtney and Isaiah. As you can see from the photos, Isaiah really likes to eat beach sand. David and I are going to surf every day this week before my job starts. The surf was ok, but the company was really great! It was fun to just hang out and share a little of their vacation.

It is very nice indeed to "have friends around."




0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP