Monday, February 25, 2008

Time brings perspective

So much has happened in the past few days. But mostly, together we have made a decision to not allow the ups and downs of our adoption process run our lives. Our plan is to do what we can on our end and not get so worked up with the highs and lows. We resolve to trust God through it all and leave the details to him. I think it is a much better place for us emotionally.

We are having an interview with our foster care social worker (who is a very helpful and on-the-ball person) on Wed 3/5. To prepare for that, we need to have the bedroom ready to go, so we decided to shop on craigslist so we could replace our full bed with two twin beds. We asked for the beds to be donated, and we got one of them on Friday from a nice guy who was going to donate it to a local charity, but didn't want to deal with the hassle of getting it down to them. He gave it to us for free, and we picked it up at his home. Wow!

I'm going to LA tomorrow to work as an assistant director on a video for a christian band called RED. You can learn more about them from their myspace page. The video is for the song "Already Gone." They are a hard-core band not dissimilar to Linkin Park and Evanescence. This gig pays nothing, but if I do a good job, it can lead to future work. I've never worked on a video, so this should be a really fun and interesting experience! At the very least, I get to pretend I'm a rock star for two days! You can check out the kind of work that this studio does on their myspace page. I hope this leads to more gigs in the future. The AD in the film world does very similar work to the stage manager in theater. So, even though I'm new to the lingo and the particulars, I think my training will help me get up to speed quickly.

Our church held another Broken Hallelujah night again on Sunday. It was an awesome time of music and prayer. My ears were ringing and my fingers were really sore after nearly 4 hours of playing between the rehearsal and the event itself. Personal highlights was a time of sincere repentance for my not trusting God more, and the outward focus of justice and mercy to those around us. We took an offering of socks and pants for the people down at the Ladle soup kitchen. The pile of stuff was huge! We also had a missionary from Russia who happened to be at our church this weekend, so the time of prayer for him and his ministry was special as well. The whole church came forward to lay hands. I really wish I had a camera with me - I'll never forget that scene. People filled the center aisle laid their hands on those in front of them. This was repeated all the way up to the front where about 10 or so could actually reach the missionary. It was a really beautiful picture of us reaching out physically as well as spiritually.

Something else I'd like to draw to your attention is our cousin's blog: A New Beat. Jim has decided to leave the paper and focus on his music. I admire his courage. Both Jim and Candace are very talented writers. Going along on the journey with them is time well spent. Check it out.

A lot more stuff has happened - great times with friends playing Settlers and Wii, getting the taxes organized, moving forward on the marketing to the elementary school parents, a wedding consultation that looks promising, and more. Through it all, we're trusting God.

I need to sign off - I have to get up at 3:45 to get up to LA tomorrow morning!

1 comments:

Jess February 26, 2008 at 10:33 PM  

I'm encouraged - as always - by your writings! I'm happy to hear how God is leading and moving in your lives and am excited for your future - even though right now it continues to be clouded by question marks...

Hope your video gig goes well! I'll be excited to hear all about it when you're done!

Love ya!
Jess

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP