Saturday, February 9, 2008

Feeling Small

So our friends Nikki and Robbie are at the delivery room right now and should welcome little Abigail into their lives any minute now. I was thinking of the many changes in store for them. As I was thinking about them, I looked out our arch window and noticed the moon. It made me feel so small.

I went out to our deck to enjoy the evening a bit. We had incredible February weather today - crystal clear and 80 degrees. I even felt like I got a bit too much sun playing football in the park this afternoon. Tonight will be crisp and cool, but it is still very comfortable outside. I thought about the David's questions in Psalm 8:

3 When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,

4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?

Here is downtown Escondido from our deck tonight. There are thousands of people out there going to movies, eating dinner, drinking at the bars, shopping, and doing sociable Saturday night things. I am only one of those thousands. Then I look at the moon. There are billions of people that can see the same moon as I can tonight (or will see it soon). I am only one of those billions.

Sometimes it seems so crazy to think that God is concerned with me just here in my home town (let alone as part of the whole world). I feel so small and insignificant. Yet the same God who hung the stars and moon in the sky so huge and yet intimately involved in each of our lives. He knows everything about Abigail already before her parents have had the pleasure of meeting her! It just blows my mind. I feel small but special at the same time.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP