Saturday, February 2, 2008

Another 10K run

So I ran another 10K this morning. It was a perfect morning for running - about 55 degrees, partly cloudy, and no wind. The course runs through the Sea World parking lot and along the bay. It also crosses two bridges in each half of the course; one of which had a significant up and down. So, it was a challenging run. All along, I thought I was not doing very well. For some reason, in my mind, I was thinking my Thanksgiving run was under 55 min. But when I got home, I was reminded that I did that race in 57:18. So I improved my time over two minutes. My unofficial time today was 54:47. My goal is to break 50 minutes by the end of 2008.

But probably the best thing about today was that Jenetta got up at 5:30 to go down to the race with me. She was my cheering section and took a few photos of me. How cool is that?

4 comments:

Emily February 2, 2008 at 4:20 PM  

nice pics...the run looks fun, it would be a cool feeling to run in sunshiny warm weather. we had 10 in. of snow on friday so my run today was about dodging piles of snow. keep knocking down those times, slow and steady!

Jess February 2, 2008 at 8:28 PM  

Way to go Jon! :) I'm glad Jenetta was there to support you too! Great pics!

Greg and Tanya February 4, 2008 at 2:42 PM  

Reminds me our early mornings when Greg runs. Way to go!!
Tanya :)

Doug Kyle February 6, 2008 at 11:12 PM  

Awesome! Way to go.

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP