Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Being thankful for today...

So five good things happened today:

- I had a full work schedule today and it looks to be busy tomorrow and Friday as well.

- Our friends, David and Courtney Toney, moved into their new home in Escondido. Prior to this they were living in Orange County and commuting down here. I always felt kind of bad for them as they packed up to leave after home group and had an hour to drive home. It will be nice to have them so close. It will make coordinating surf trips much easier.

- We were able to set up a time to hang out with our friends, Cris and Alana O'Bryon. Alana is Kyle Johnstone's cousin, and we met them at Kyle and Judy's wedding. It has been awesome to get to know them, and due to their busy schedules, it is hard to spend a lot of time with them. So we are looking forward to hanging with them on Saturday night.

- After work, I had a little free time, so I decided to run the track around Lake Miramar. It made me so thankful that I live in San Diego! It was 73 and sunny with a slight breeze. Just perfect! What an awesome January afternoon! I decided to really push it the entire distance to improve my time. I ran the 5 miles in 44:13 which is nearly two minutes faster than my previous best time. I think I can do it in under 44 min. next time. The next 10K for me is in three weeks, and I'm hoping to see a nice improvement over the 10K I ran on Thanksgiving.

- Then, as I was getting ready for bed, Jenetta tells me that she has written a love song. I think that is pretty cool. Maybe someday we will get to record it.

Anyway, I realized that I had at least five extra things to be thankful for today, so I thought I'd share them with you. Hope your day was as blessed as mine.

1 comments:

Emily January 22, 2008 at 8:28 PM  

nothing like running faster than you've ever run before! well, probably there is but that's great :)

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP