Monday, January 28, 2008

Athletics and other stuff...

I haven't posted anything recently because not much seems to be going on. I started to miss blogging though as it helps to give me perspective on my experiences, so I decided to write about the everyday stuff that is going on with us lately.

Jenetta booked a wedding last week, so that was a nice plus. She is nowhere near where she should be at this time of year, so that is a lingering frustration, but one more is at least moving us in the right direction.

I played Wally Ball on Friday, and I brought along our friend Shane. We had a great time as always! On Saturday, I was invited to play flag football with some guys in the park. I really had a good time, although I fell down when reaching for an overthrown pass and hurt my shoulder. I haven't fallen down to the grass for a very long time. When I was a kid it didn't seem to be a very big deal, but now it is something I'm hoping to avoid. Anyway, it looks like I will be joining their league which starts up in March. They play in a 5-on-5 league with rules and refs and everything. There are three divisions: couch potatoes, rec league, and elite. We will be in the rec league, so they have real plays and defensive schemes (our QB even wears one of those plastic wrist cards that hold all the plays). So that should be a fun experience.

We've had nearly a week of on/off rain, so I only got in about 12 miles of running last week. I'm OK with that because I'm slowing down a bit for the next 10K race I'm running on 2/1. I'll run 5 miles tomorrow and 4 on Thursday and then rest up for the event. I'm looking forward to some nice improvement on my 10K time (and keeping my breakfast down this time.)

This week, our pastor spoke on God's discipline. He is preaching through the book of Amos. In Ch 3 and 4, Doug's theme was that God uses discipline to bring us back to him. It made me wonder if both the financial struggles we are experiencing and the related delays with our adoption proceedings are some kind of a wake-up call God is trying to send us. Jenetta and I thought about it a lot yesterday, and neither one of us could come up with more than a "maybe?" (And if you are wondering - no, we are not falling into the "prosperity gospel" line of thinking about our financial situation). I have to confess that although I have been praying and doing a lot of sharing and fellowshiping with other believers, I don't think I've experienced much growth recently. I like checking out the verse of the day that I link to on our blog, but I haven't done any serious bible study for some time. Our church starts a Hebrews bible study tonight, so I've decided to check that out. Having an assignment helps.

Anyway, it feels as though not much has happened lately. Maybe I'll post some reaction after the first class tonight.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP