Saturday, February 28, 2009

I'm tired!

I am starting to realize the cost of training for the marathon. Today on my schedule was a 12 mile run. Prior to this, I had never run farther than 10 miles. It was kind of warm even this morning, so by mile 8, I was pretty much over it. By mile 10 I had rubbed my chest raw and the front of my shirt was bloody. Afterward, I could hardly lift my legs to do my post-run stretching.

But I completed it in under 2 hours. I averaged about 9 min 15 sec miles, although at first I was under 8 minutes, and I slowly took more time each mile as the pain increased.

We had a ton of stuff to do today, and I am exhausted already. We have friends coming over for dinner, but I'm ready for bed now.

Dang this is hard!

3 comments:

Anonymous February 28, 2009 at 7:02 PM  

Proud of you buddy! Wish I was doing it with you!!!

Jess February 28, 2009 at 9:47 PM  

Wow! Way to persevere through this! Sounds painful! :0

Jess February 28, 2009 at 9:48 PM  

Wow! Way to persevere through this! Sounds painful! :0

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP