Monday, February 9, 2009

What's up

Here is what has been going on with our family in the past few weeks:

- Running improving.
I am finally starting to adjust to the running schedule. I ran 8 miles on Saturday and was able to actually pick up the pace on miles 6-8. My knees are still very sore afterwards, but it is slowly getting more manageable. Stretching has improved my ankle pain problem. It sure is different doing this level of training at 36 than it was at 18! :)

- Latest on employment.
I have a few leads and another interview scheduled for Wed. 2/11 with another placement agency. I'm not too confident of a position through them, but I am doing my best to cover my bases. We'll see where the other leads take me, but I am starting to get my head around the idea of being unemployed after 2/27. We are starting to talk about what that means and how I can take advantage of the time. One thing that excites me is contributing to Jenetta's online businesses. I think that with the organization and writing skill I can bring to the table, we may be able to increase her growth rate substantially. She has been doing a great job building readership at FF and D. We are just getting rolling again on the revamped version of Bridalscoop, and we have some good ideas for going forward on this.

The good part about all this is that we will be working together and bringing our strengths together on the project. It will also allow me to transition back to the lifestyle I enjoyed so much in the past - specifically surfing more and having more time to invest with friends.

The bad part about this is that our income will be slashed again. Right now, Jenetta is earning about 1/3 of what I earned at Sony on her one site. We have seen steady growth and feel the opportunity for significant growth is there. Still, it will be a good stretch before it grows enough to replace my Sony income. I'll still keep looking for another job, but it is nice to have a focus at home if nothing works out for me in the corporate world.

- Adoption update:
Nothing new to report here. There was a child that sparked our interest and we communicated that to the right people, but there is a relative in the picture, so it's not looking very likely to happen for us. We are attending a monthly support group filled with other waiting couples. We actually will attend that again tonight and the special guest is a family that adopted two 9-year old twins. That should be interesting. But in the meantime, we wait, knowing God has what is best for us.

- How we are doing:
Jenetta and I had a nice evening yesterday. We did a photo shoot for a family at the beach in Del Mar. They were very nice and it went well. Then we went for a mini date at Peet's Coffee and Tea on the way back. I think we are both communicating clearly right now and enjoying the time we spend together.

- Other Stuff:
Our pastor is preaching on Haggai. A friend of mine challenged me to memorize the whole book with him. Getting sick put me a bit behind, but I've still been able to memorize all of Ch. 1 and have started working into Ch. 2.

This obviously isn't my most introspective (or even interesting) writing. It's been a while since I've posted, and I wanted to let you know what has been going on with us lately.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP