Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Roofing in Illinois

Last weekend, Joel and Emily flew me out to their place in Greenville, IL to help them re-roof their home. It was nice to finally be able to visit them and see their home and be introduced to Ella. I'll spare you the details on the roofing process. Suffice it to say that it was difficult, and the weather did not cooperate very well. But the task is finished and their home is now water-tight. I was experienced in roofing after doing my own a few years ago here, but roofing in So Cal in November is a lot different than the midwest in summer. I was glad to be able to lend my experience, and I was blown away by how hard Joel and his football guys got at it.

We finished early Sunday afternoon, so we had some time to celebrate my birthday and their anniversary with lots of phone calls, a pizza dinner, and yummy brownies. It was great to be clean and cool and enjoy the sunset out on the deck. Here are some photos from that evening.



1 comments:

Jess June 5, 2008 at 10:46 PM  

What an adventure! I'm glad you survived! :)

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP