Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Death Cab for Cutie

For a birthday present, my friend David got us tickets to see Death Cab for Cutie up in LA. This is David:


They played in SD on Friday, but he was out of town this weekend, so we went to the LA show instead. I enjoyed the concert, but it was unlike any I had ever been to. They played a lot of songs from their albums before Transatlanticism which came out in 2003. There had to be 4 or 5 songs I had never heard before. It was interesting, and I liked being exposed to songs that were new to me, but I got the feeling that it was sort of off-putting for the audience. It created a weird energy especially when there was a section where they played three older songs in a row. I looked around and people were listening politely, but you could tell it wasn't what they expected. Close to the end of the first set, things started to click in and the energy picked up as they stuck to their more recent songs. Overall it was a cool concert, and I'd definitely see them again.

I brought a little point-and-shoot camera and goofed around with some shots. I'd made me wish I had brought the pro equipment and had a pit pass. It would have been fun to shoot. Sadly, none of the more creative ones I attempted (ones with more dramatic lighting, closeups, etc.) turned out with the camera I brought.



0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP