Saturday, June 7, 2008

Mud Run

Well, I did it!!!


I wasn't sure if I would try the Mud Run because I still have blisters on my right foot from last weekend, but I ran some on Thursday and although it felt uncomfortable, it wasn't painful, so I decided to go for it.

Robbie and Jeremy were awesome friends today.  They got up super early to go to Camp Pendleton with me and cheer me on.

It was tough, and I need to do a lot more training on hills because I was not prepared for that many steep hills.  But the hardest part was running with shoes filled with beach sand and water.  After the pond crossing (nearly to my shoulders deep in the middle), I finally gave up on the inserts in my shoe - it had worked its way all the way up my ankle.  I would definitely do it again next year.  Who's with me?










2 comments:

Jess June 9, 2008 at 5:32 PM  

What's in your hand in the bottom pic? Looks like you've got a dagger and you're gunning to get a medal at any cost! ;)

Jon and Jenetta June 10, 2008 at 12:42 PM  

That's the sole insert from my right shoe. It worked its way out sometime around mile 5 and I just pulled it out and carried it.

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP