Monday, March 30, 2009

Proud parents

We took the girls to the public health nurse to check them out. Other than some bruises (they are very active and take some tumbles now and again), they are in great health.

The girls were there for almost an hour and the assistant nurses stay with them the whole time, so our social worker told us to take a break. We went to Target to pick up some more stuff and breathe a little bit.

We drove back and sat in the waiting room, and in after a few minutes, the girls ran through the door and with big smiles ran into our arms and up onto our laps. L yelled "Daddy!" as she ran to me.

That really made my day.

Then we spent about an hour on the bikes. Sorry, the pictures were crummy. Some other time on that one. Now we are sitting down to dinner. Some really loving people in our church are bringing us meals. :)

Gotta go!

5 comments:

Dkalla March 30, 2009 at 6:40 PM  

God is so good! You two are going to be some awesome parents! Just hang in there and keep the prayers flowing, as you know he will listen. And be patient....:-) I look forward to reading your next update, which I am sure will be just awesome!

Wendy March 30, 2009 at 8:19 PM  

Sorry that Daddy totally got me crying. I can tell these girls are as drawn to your loving, caring spirits as ours were. I can't wait to hear all about your family firsts together and we can't wait to meet the newest family additions!

Jess March 30, 2009 at 9:35 PM  

You have made me cry more in the past 2 days than I've cried in a long time! And now you've gone and done it again! :) I love that you keep giving little updates. I'm amazed that you are finding the time to do it! But we really, really appreciate it!

And like Wendy said, it's no surprise that they are so drawn to you both! What a miracle you are (even if they don't realize it fully yet). I admire your courage and am blessed by the love you have already lavished on O&L! You guys are amazing!

Cynthia March 31, 2009 at 7:09 AM  

Oh my goodness you brought a tear to my eye!! I'm so glad that it is going so well-Take care!

Barbara April 2, 2009 at 8:54 PM  

me too...... was just looking to see if any more updates. Those darling little girls are being so blessed by God thru YOU. AS you know from the many "child dedications" at GVC, you are not alone. We all stand with you to pray and encourage your family on this journey called parenthood. We love you.

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP