Monday, March 30, 2009

First full day

Thanks so much to all of you who are supporting us through your prayers and good wishes!!!

Things are going well, although Jenetta and I are completely exhausted. I gave her a little bit of a break today and took the girls to the park. We had a lot of fun together.

Last night was tough. They were really wound up and it took us until 10:20 to get them to finally fall asleep. We can tell they are very tired today because of it. Hopefully, we will be able to get a nap in this afternoon.

We are quickly learning what works and what does not work.

O told us this morning that she was sad because she misses her mommy and daddy. L just seems to go with the flow better, but we can tell she is confused by all this. Please pray for them during this adjustment.

Here is us playing and picking wildflowers at the park.

9 comments:

Jess March 30, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

I have tears in my eyes as I look at these pictures. I'm so thankful that you survived the 1st day and am praying for extra strength for you and Jenetta. I'm also continuing to pray for the girls' adjustment and that God will give you wisdom to help them ease through it as painlessly as possible. We love you and are SOOOO immensely happy for you!

Dkalla March 30, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

Oh they look beautiful! And I love how you decorated their room. You all are in my prayers.

Joni March 30, 2009 at 1:55 PM  

I got tears too! I'm sooo excited for you two!

imbrownie March 30, 2009 at 2:46 PM  

God, lift up Jon & Jenetta. Lift them up. I pray that they will find themselves being pushed along by a wind that will not stop. I pray that when they sleep...they really sleep. I pray that every moment would add to this amazing masterpiece of yours.

Lift them up.

Marge March 30, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

I agree with Jessica, I too had tears in my eyes as I stared at the picture of the girls. All I kept thinking was how very blessed those 2 little ones are to be "placed" in your lives, home, family. I have been thinking of you so much. Yesturday I went to Steinbach to see Oma, U.Harv,& A.Bettie and we kept saying, "well the plane is about to land"...."the plane has landed"....
These are times I wish we all lived closer.
I pray for wisdom for you both as you deal with ?'s and confusion.
Love,
Aunt Margaret

Jon and Jenetta March 30, 2009 at 5:44 PM  

Ok. Stop it you all. Now I am crying!!!


:)

Jon and Jenetta March 30, 2009 at 5:45 PM  

Seriously, though.

Thanks so much for your prayers. It means a lot to us!!!

Wendy March 30, 2009 at 8:16 PM  

Welcome to the world of sleepless nights and great joy! We thought of the two of you all day yesterday. These pictures made me teary eyed. You two are an amazing inspiration to take on these two girls and so very blessed to be chosen to be their parents!

Adam's Heart Surgery March 30, 2009 at 8:26 PM  

Hello, J,J,L,and O

Wow! So happy for you guys! We too have been thinking of you guys a lot.

- A,T,M,and D from Stb, MB

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP