Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What I've been up to...

Instead of freaking out every day about how small our bank account is getting or worrying about whether or not I will find a job, I've been trying to enjoy this season of life. Sometimes I am more successful at it than other times. Worry has a way of killing everything positive in your life. It has robbed me of good sleep, it has diverted my attention from my family, and I'm convinced my hair is getting thinner on top because of it.

So with God's help, I'm doing my best to just enjoy where I am right now. One huge benefit is that I've been able to spend a lot of time with the girls. I've taken them to the beach or the park or somewhere fun almost every
day. They just love to play in the sand and get messy :)

O is getting a lot more brave in the surf, so that has been cool to see. She still hangs onto my leg with a death grip when the wave is coming in, but she's learned that after it passes, she can relax a little bit and swim around in the water. There is probably a good teaching metaphor in that image about our relationship with God, but I'll leave it to those of you that are brighter t
han me to work that out.

Jenetta got a swing for free on Amazon that I put up on the tree in the front yard. They go out and swing all the time! And they love their bikes and riding around our cul-de-sac.

Yesterday, I blew up this gigantic pirate
ship inflatable swimming pool we got from some of the grandparents. It was a hot afternoon, and they had a great time splashing around in the front yard. But I felt kind of bad about filling a huge pool with watering restrictions in place in our community. I probably won't be doing that too often! :)

Today, I am taking the girls to preschool and then going surfing. I don't have to return to pick them up until 1:00, so I plan to set up the umbrella and do some reading on the beach.

I've also been able to enjoy a lot of time connecting with friends. David and Isaiah came over for an impromptu dinner last night
, I went to the hot tub at Jeremy's place after the girls went to bed, and I'm meeting another friend late tonight. Another benefit is that I've been able to resume my weekly Wednesday lunches with Geoff. There is something so good about meeting with a friend who knows your failures and struggles and wants to hang with you anyway.

I'm supposed to find out later this week if/when I will be hired back by the company. But in the meantime, I am doing my best to enjoy the time I've been given. That's what I've been up to...





4 comments:

Greg and Tanya September 22, 2009 at 7:44 PM  

Hi Jon,
Always appreciate your blog! also love the new look of it as well. Saw a picture of your family the other day - BEAUTIFUL family!
Tanya :)

The Morales Family September 23, 2009 at 10:46 AM  

I really like the new look/feel of your blog! Fantastic - Jenetta, was that you're doing?? Thanks for sharing your situation Jon. It makes us feel like we're not alone in this stage of life. We hope you can make it to HomeGroup!!

Janis Meredith September 25, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

Jon & Jenetta, I have been praying daily for you guys. Will keep doing it!

Cassia September 25, 2009 at 3:27 PM  

Hey guys! 1) I love the new look. 2) I love how you're thinking about life right now. You reminded me to enjoy this season of my life with no job and nothing to do, instead of complaining about being bored. Thanks for some great words and your great heart.

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP