Monday, September 14, 2009

Things are looking up...

Well, in a manner of speaking, they are...

Friday was my last day of work. It has been sad to watch my boss continue to deceive himself. He has called me a few times and has all kinds of plans for the future of a new company he is dreaming up. Sadly, I think none of it will ever materialize.

I have spoken with a number of the shareholders and the person they'd like to put in place as the new CEO, and they are all positive that a restructuring can happen and that I will be employed again soon. But all that remains to be seen. As I told them, although I am grateful for the appreciation and well-wishes, none of that pays the mortgage.

So I'm back to looking for work again and reaching out to every connection I can think of.

But here is the good stuff...

I'm really enjoying being unemployed! :) The stress of a failing company and being caught between the shareholders and the former CEO is completely gone. Either it will work out now or it won't - it is completely out of my hands. Our bills are paid for another few weeks, so it doesn't really accomplish anything to fret about stuff two weeks from now.

Today I took the girls to their therapy appointment and then we went to the beach. It is a beautiful So. Cal kind of day! Sunny and 75 degrees with a slight breeze. The water was warm, and the girls had fun with me in the waves. We enjoyed our In-N-Out lunch on the way home, and Aunt Barb is playing with the girls in the living room.

O's behavior has gotten a lot better. We still have our minor temper tantrums now and again, but for the most part, she is a lot more fun to be around. We have both noticed how polite they are. I guess 6 months of modeling polite behavior has finally paid off! When they make mistakes, they apologize. When they ask for things, they say please and thank you most of the time.

Jenetta and I are very grateful that things have returned to a more normal place with the girls. Life is challenging enough without defiance and screaming and kicking all the time!

Because I put in so much time with the girls today, I banked some free time with Jenetta, so after dinner, I'm going to hang out with the guys and watch the Charger's game.

Other than the not having any money part, I could really get used to being unemployed! :)

Thanks for your prayers and support. It means a lot!

1 comments:

laura r. September 15, 2009 at 10:48 AM  

It's so amazing how stress is the insidious robber of joy and peace! It's not like you can just walk away from responsibilities, or stop hoping for the best. Hope does not disappoint, the Bible says...so we stick to it, whether it's a job, a project, marriage or parenting, or praying for years for the physical health and spiritual awakening of a loved one. So difficult at times, but then we remember that the joy of the Lord is our strength! Nothing is a suprise to God - so we rest in Him.

Glad to hear a positive report - but it was good to hear the vent of the other day, too. That is real. How can we pray for one another if we aren't honest? We weep with those that weep, and we rejoice with those that rejoice (and every emotion in between,as well, I think...).

You are loved,
Laura

PS: Many thanks to Jenetta for the loan of the camera for Laurissa - you are a lifesaver!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP