Monday, November 17, 2008

New TV

I have been saving rewards points on my Sony Visa card for about 4 and a half years now. Most of the construction costs on our addition that could be put on a credit card were purchased that way. Because of my employee discount and a major holiday sale for employees, I was able to get a really great TV for free! Actually, the price was so good, I got my Christmas present for myself early - a blu-ray player. I had enough points to get the blu-ray player free as well!

It's been weird to think about and wait for something like this for this long. Jenetta and I were thinking that I waited longer to get the TV than our dating/engagement time. That is strange. I guess I could have bought it long ago, but I really wanted it for free. So now I got it. It was worth the wait. I was able to get the highest quality set that Sony currently makes. It is a 40" XBR7. They make an XBR8 which is slightly better with LED backlighting, but that's only in 46" and 55". We decided on a 40" model long ago when we designed our speaker placement in the wall. So, because of the sale discount, we were able to finally cash in my points.

I got to watch the Chargers lose in HD yesterday. The picture was great, but the game was sure a bummer. It's hard to watch that much incompetence over and over and over again.

Here is a photo. It is currently sitting on the fireplace hearth. We will get an entertainment unit for it sometime. Jenetta is looking for used ones online. One thing I really love about it is how it handles reflection. Our old TV has really bad glare in the afternoon from the windows. This TV is so bright that there is glare noticeable on the frame, but the image isn't affected at all.

3 comments:

Anonymous November 17, 2008 at 9:03 PM  

I am Sooooo stoked for you. I know how long you waited for this. Congrats!
Mark

Jess November 18, 2008 at 12:32 AM  

Yay for your new TV!!!! Now we have one more reason to come visit you! Will you be asking for blueray movies for Christmas this year? :)

Anonymous November 18, 2008 at 1:24 PM  

Good things come to those who wait!!!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP