Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Nordic Walker Infomercial

I was able to work on an infomercial the first week in May. The product was Nordic Walker, or Nordic Trek Power Walking System. Basically, it is ski poles with special straps that allow for a cardio workout while walking. They seemed like an interesting product. The people who used them had a lot of nice things to say about them.

I worked as a production coordinator, which is very different from the AD work I've done before. I was responsible for helping out with the logistics. (Where are we going? How do we get there? What do we need to have in place when we get there? etc.) I had a lot of fun working with the production team, but felt a little strange to be so removed from the actual shooting. A lot of the time, I was in the production RV or running errands in my car. If someone were to ask me how the shoot was going, I honestly didn't have an answer. But the director and his team were able to get all the shots they needed despite only having one sunny shooting day that week. They were happy with our efforts, and the clients were happy with what our team provided for them.


I enjoyed the work, and I would enjoy doing it again. Production work is totally different from the work I've done before, but every time on a film set, I learn a lot, and enjoy the camaraderie with the people I work with. Here are a few photos from the third day of shooting:







1 comments:

Anonymous May 20, 2008 at 9:38 PM  

Wow, three blogs at once. You have made up for being so busy. Glad I wasn't chosen for the infomercial, I probably would have trip myself with the ski poles or something!!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP