Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The British Open

Last week was really busy for me after the infomercial week. A lot of my clients waited until I got back, so I actually did some normal work for most of the week, and I was able to squeeze in two pretty nice side jobs. But I was very glad that I was also able to make room for The British Open. David and Ryan are involved in a frisbee golf league. David even has a website for the tour: www.updga.com (The Ultimate Pro Disc Golf Association).

We started Monday night with fish and chips and beer at Churchill's pub in San Marcos. Every time I drink Guinness, I think, "I really don't enjoy this. I guess I should, but I don't. So why did I pay six bucks for this?" So, I asked the waitress for something for people who don't like beer. I had a cider drink that was very sweet. Everyone mocked me for ordering a girlie drink. But at least I enjoyed it this time!

Andrew informed us that he had just come from asking Amy's dad "The Question." Those of you at GVC know how that turned out. We were really happy for him and we toasted his forthcoming nuptials.

Tuesday morning was the first two rounds. Here are some photos at the first tee in round two. Almost all of us did a lot better in the first round. I was surprised how tired I was after 36 holes. Richard is not featured in these photos because he had to leave after round one.






The final round was played on Wednesday. I had to work, so I only made it to the awards ceremony which occurred right between two jobs for me. Cris O'Bryon and Doug Kyle played in the last round, and David won the event with a solid par over the three rounds. Ryan placed second, and Geoff finished third.



I enjoyed the experience even though I really suck at frisbee golf. Basically, I need to figure out how to throw the stupid thing farther. Everyone out-throws me by about 50+ feet or more. That distance adds up. But I improve my game a stroke or two each time. It is a lot of fun. Come play with us next Tuesday morning!

1 comments:

Anonymous May 20, 2008 at 9:47 PM  

Don't worry Jon, I can't throw a frisbee to save my life!!! I love the pic of David on the podium, it is so David!! :)

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP