Thursday, June 3, 2010

My birthday

Because Monday was a holiday, we ended up celebrating my birthday a day early. In the morning, I took the girls to the beach with David, Courtney, and Isaiah. We had a great time hanging out and playing together. O even paddled out with me on my surfboard for a few belly rides. It was great!

After naptime, we went to Grandma Joy and Grandpa CJ's pool to swim. Both girls are so brave in the water! Then we feasted and enjoyed my blue angel-food cake.

At work the next day, I got an unexpected bonus. I was informed that even though I had only been there a few weeks, I was getting Holiday pay. I think the last time I got paid for a day off from work was my last year of teaching - 1998. It's been a long time! It allowed me to not work so much this week - which is good, because there are lots of things for me to take care of at home! Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I really appreciated it!






2 comments:

Jess June 4, 2010 at 7:35 PM  

Happy Birthday again Jon! Sounds like such a nice day! Congrats on the holiday pay! What a great surprise! :) And by the way, I love that pic of you and O! It's adorable!!!

Greg and Tanya June 8, 2010 at 5:36 AM  

Happy Belated Birthday Jon!
Sounds like things are going well for you which is so great to read. Have fun in Vegas with your family - what a great boss!
Tanya :)

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP