Wednesday, April 21, 2010

JOB!!!

Today I finally got a job offer. It is a challenging position in a field where I have lots of transferable skills that can be applied right away, but a real lack of experience and specific knowledge with the industry. So I'll be playing catch-up again. I've done it before with Sony and with the water company. I can do it again.

I really like the people I'll be working with. Their corporate values are structured around respect and partnership with their clients. I like that a lot!

Also they are at an interesting crossroads as the owner is following her dream and branching out in new directions. I think there is a real opportunity for me to make an impact right away.

Here's the one catch. It pays about $7 an hour LESS than we need to make our monthly budget. So that's not very fun. I'm going into salary negotiations tomorrow at 8:30, so I'd appreciate your prayers. At the very least, we can continue to limp along for a while, and I'm hoping I can structure some sort of value-added compensation where I earn more when my contributions affect the profitability of the company. But some income is WAY better than none!

We've been talking with the girls about daddy going back to work. It has been good for me to be with them so much since September. The extra stability this arrangement has provided has been really good for them. But it just can't go on forever if we plan to stay here. We feel that stability and structure are so much what the girls need right now - we need to stay put as long as possible.

Anyway, thanks for going along with us on the journey. I'm really hoping this time for a job I can work at for longer than 6 months!!! :)

1 comments:

Cassia April 22, 2010 at 10:11 AM  

Jon, that's wonderful news. It's been amazing to watch your faithfulness through this time of struggle. Congratulations!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP