Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day

I was inspired by two things this morning. First, the tone of my previous post made me feel totally stuck in a rut. I've been doing the same things over and over so much the days are all blending together. So I decided to do something different today. Secondly, one of my friends from grad school put on his facebook post - "there has to be a far better way to honor our veterans than furniture sales."

So I decided to take the girls downtown to the Veteran's Day parade. O wore her camouflage pants, and she was so excited to see that she matched the people in utilities. They said "Yes Sir" and saluted everyone in dress uniforms, and they said "Thank you" to all the American Legion and VFW and ex-POWs that paraded by. Plus they got a bunch of candy. It was a fun outing.


1 comments:

Marge November 11, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

Nice to see the girls learning patriotism at an early age.
Exciting about the running too. You are creative in your motivation techniques.
Sorry to hear about the flu bug. Is there lots of talk about the H1N1 like there is here?
I've had my shot cuz I work in healthcare.
Take care,
Love Aunt Margaret

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP