Saturday, July 26, 2008

Job update

It has been a while since I've posted anything on the blog. One of my friends was talking to me the other day about the same thing - he hadn't posted anything recently either. His reasoning was that he didn't have any pictures to show and so he didn't feel he had anything worth sharing. Although I had never thought about it that way, I think I feel the same way. Work has been so slow that I rarely take out my camera anymore. This kind of carries over to our social life as well. I haven't shot much of anything of late.

I guess the biggest thing to happen recently just went down in the last two days. I had an interview with Sony on Thursday morning and was offered a position with them yesterday afternoon. I also got a callback on a resume I sent in to another company requesting an interview. I am 95% sure I'll take the Sony job, but I'm planning on doing the other interview for practice and to see what else is out there and keep some options open.

I don't have a lot of time to write about it right now, and quite frankly, the actual nuts and bolts of the Sony position are a little vague to me, so I will write in more detail about it later. It is a contract job and will only last one year, but it seems interesting, and I think I will really appreciate the experience and the opportunity to network with a major company while on the inside of that organization. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has been praying for us. It has been a long time that I've been trying to find substantial consistent work. It's nice to know that the mortgage will be covered. I went into the interview thinking that God knows our need, and that if the job is right for me, it will work out. I had a real sense of peace about it either way, and I'm grateful for that.

Some other highlights of the last two weeks:

- we got free tickets to see a production of "The Music Man." - community theater quality, but fun
- I went to see Coldplay in LA - crummy seats, but good concert
- Our modem and router died and we discovered how completely dependent we are on high speed internet - not fun
- We got to visit with Wendy Rodriguez and her kids and Wendy's parents for an evening. Craig couldn't make the trip from Phoenix because of work - always a great visit
- Jenetta did a big wedding trade show last week - fingers crossed!
- I got a random job at a community center flipping burgers over the grill last Saturday for a huge neighborhood party - hot and greasy!
- I'm currently working on a commercial project for a car manufacturer where we interview people who recently bought a new vehicle. - good money, good people, fun project!
- We got free tickets to the new batman movie - too many teenagers - we'd rather watch movies from home (wow I'm sounding old...)
- Our social worker asked us to consider taking three children (3 siblings), but we know our limitations (if kids outnumber us, we're in big trouble) - kind of sad, but best for our family, and in the end, best for these children.

So that's pretty much it from our end. I'll post more about the job when I know it.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP