Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Craigslist is awesome!

So we got the two new beds for free by posting our need on Craigslist. It was great to meet two really nice families who were happy to help us out. Then, as we were trying to stuff the old full size bed from that room into the garage, we decided to try to sell it for $50. We had two calls within an hour and we sold it to the first caller who happened to live within walking distance to our home. It was perfect for their second home they have in the desert. They were happy. We got $50 and some room back in our garage, so we were happy. The internet can truly be a great thing!

We have our meeting tomorrow morning at 9:00 with our social worker here at our home. I think we are ready for her. The back room is completely cleaned out and we've removed all the cleaners and medications from lower cabinets. I'll post sometime tomorrow and let you know how it went.

Also, by way of a commercial, Jenetta launched her new website today. You can check it out by clicking the tab at the top of this page. Oh, and she booked a wedding today. We are thankful for all of these developments!

1 comments:

Unknown March 7, 2008 at 12:40 PM  

Hi Jon and Jenetta,
Thanks so much for your comment on my blog "my cup overflows." I'm so glad Courtney gave you my info.
It is so exciting to hear that God is leading you on a similar path. And it is so wonderful to be obedient to his call.
We have had many ups and downs as well, and I'm sure there are more to come. But God continues to prove himself so incredibly faithful. I've exprienced Him in such a new way through this process.
I read a few of your posts and really resonated with many things you've written. I particularly liked this thought:

"But I think the reason that is developing into the largest motivator for us is the idea that it is a great picture of the way God reaches out to us - inviting us into His family and giving us a place of love and signficance. We want to reach out in our small way because of the love and blessing God gives us."

Beautifully said. Thank you!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP